Volunteer Job Descriptions
Bullpen Workers: (2) Away and Home
- Responsible for the safety and well being of all kids in their age/gender tent for the entirety of each meet.
- Check in each swimmer in the tent at the beginning of the meet.
- Ensure each swimmer knows in which events they are participating.
- Check and mark any swimmers not already marked with their race information.(Race/Heat/Lane/Leg relays only)
- Line up and escort swimmers in order to the Ready Bench.
- Must remain at the meet until their last swimmer has swam their event.
- Encourage all swimmers in their tent and look for opportunities to point out positive growth as a swimmer and/or team mate.
- Helps foster a sense of community and team spirit.
Computer Lead: (1) Home Only
- Work closely with the team’s head coach and the opposing teams’ scorers.
- Input times/DQs into the database at meets.
- Consults with Coaches for resolution about any disputes regarding legibility of timer sheets.
Scorer: (1) Away and Home
- Works with reps from the opposing team(s).
- Reviews timer sheets & DQ slips from Stroke Judges after each heat.
- Determines time for record based on sheets.
- Delivers results to Computer Lead
- Consults with Home Meet Director for resolution about any disputes regarding legibility of timer sheets.
Ready Bench: (2) Away and Home
- The Ready Bench is where swimmers are grouped for their events and place into lanes prior to their races.
- Organize and line kids up into heat groups.
- Ensure each swimmer is lined up at the correct lane.
- Critical to keeping meets running smoothly!
- May have to clear parents/coaches out of Ready Bench.
Runner: (1) Away and Home
- Pick up timer sheets from Timers and DQ slips from Stroke Judges after each heat and delivers them to the Scorers/Computer team.
- 1 of the Runners will act as the DQ Runner, standing with the Stroke Judges and delivering DQ sheets to Scorer's table.
Timer: 6 at home meets, varies for away meets
- Stands at the end of assigned lane and times each swimmer in that lane for the duration of the shift.
- Change sides of the pool depending on the event.
- Required to listen to the Starter.
- You will be in the sun, so wear a hat & sunscreen.
- BONUS: You get a great view of each race!
Official Assistant (1) Home Only
- Assists Meet Official with listed race finish placement.
- Mark DQ Slips with appropriate violation
- Flips Event number chart to appropriate event number
Concession Workers: (4) Home Only
- Works under the guidance of the Concessions Director.
- Prepares and serves food and drink items.
- Handles concessions money.
- Morning shift must remain at the Concession Stand until the afternoon shift arrives.
- Deliver water to coaches, officials, and volunteers during swim meet
- Help with clean up after meet
Safety Marshall (2) Home Only
- Directs traffic around the Cherokee prior to the start of home meet.
- Protects reserved parking spaces for concessions and VIP parking.
- Oversees safety rules of pool during warm ups and meets
- .May have to clear parents/coaches out of end of pool during races.
Floater: (1) Away and Home
- Assists Meet Director as needs arise.
- Fills in for any volunteers unable to fill their position.